Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This is Only a Test...



Hey Gang, 



This is your good pal Jesse sitting down to holler at you for a minute. Please bear with me as this is merely an exercise in self-indulgence, boredom, stress, and a bit of a nose dive into self-exploration via my own cozy little corner of the Internet. This blog is going to serve as a bit of an outlet for my weirdo rantings and opinions, as well as any other little projects I am constantly thinking and talking about starting and never actually (but hopefully one day) doing. I know that most people will gloss over this page as just another writer's attempt at clogging up your Twitter feeds and Facebook walls with some sort of delusions-of-grandure laden, pseudo-intellectual, masturbatory drivel. And you should. This is exactly what this is-for the most part, anyway.


What I can do, however, is promise you this. If you do decide to take some time out from posting pictures of your awesome vacation (that I hate you for taking because I'm not there), or tweeting about how great your barista made your coffee this morning (that I hate because this whole coffee game is getting really irritating), or browsing YouTube until your eyeballs almost fall out (I do not hate this because I do the same), I promise to try and make at least one of you laugh or think or cry. The latter of which would be pretty flippin' sweet. I'm sorry. I'm just a little morbid like that.



I have been consumed with the idea of creating something creative, truthful, funny, artistic, awful, beautiful, destructive, and so many other adjectives that it has nearly eaten away at my brain. It has been so overwhelming at times, that it has led to a sort of self-imposed nihilism that was born out of not seeing a starting line through the fog. But here it is. Right in front of me. My own little cozy corner of the universe. Let's do this.

And so it begins.



"Buy the ticket, take the ride."
-Hunter S. Thompson

1 comment:

  1. Already bought my ticket...been enjoying the ride...and love when uncertain thrills,bumps and curves like this arise...looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete